Walking to the Playground

Walking to the Playground
Houston a few years ago

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Celebrating Light Beyond History Part 1

Hanukah, Diwali, Christmas, all of these holidays have within them the celebration of light.

When someone special dies and others gather to honor him/her, some of us notice supernatural light in the room. I believe this is the light emanating from the process of someone’s essence of being joining the Essence so many worship as God in whatever name you choose. I believe we are more than just flesh and blood, I believe we have essence bigger than our bodies. I believe that the reason these holidays have survived besides being taught from generation to generation, these holidays celebrate something all of us have in common, that is the wonder of light.

Light that comes from the essence of being, light that drives away darkness, light that is fire that has kept us alive in the cold, dark winter, light that has enabled us to read at night, There are so many purposes for light.

I wonder if the celebration of light during the winter solstice started with cavemen. The discovery of fire at this time of year must have changed everything for humans.

Well, I have more to say, but the lights of my life are waking up and I have many delightful mundane things to do. To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your opinion of my little blog.