Walking to the Playground

Walking to the Playground
Houston a few years ago

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Introduction to My Autobiography

I imagine that, except for a few friends, most people would say, "Why should I read about you?  Who the heck are you?  You're not famous.  You're not rich.  What can you do for me?"  Those are good questions.

I am writing this book because I want to help misunderstood people get understood.  In the past, many people told me that my poetry and essays helped them cope with their own demons.  Some people will read my story to find out how I manage raising three highly spirited children.  I hope that the story of my emerging from the ashes of a difficult childhood will inspire somebody to persevere in his/her climb out of the abyss. Perhaps the mystical elements of my story will make some people laugh at me.  Perhaps there are other mystics out there who will feel less alone after reading my story. 

If all goes well, the reviews will say something like, "I laughed and I cried.  Read this book."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your opinion of my little blog.